Thursday, August 9, 2012

Dream Big!


Last Friday my Daughter competed in the Karate National Championships and this is the card I made to give her as she was leaving, to wish her luck! I told her that it didn't matter to us where she came as long as she gave it her all then we were proud of her! She works so hard at her Karate, plus I think it helps that she just LOVES it!

I have to say it was one of the most nerve wracking experiences of my life. I felt physically ill as I was sooo nervous for her, so I can only image how she felt! When she started her first fight I swear I thought I was going to be sick...haha! But she did FANTASTIC, she had four fights and only lost one, which meant she missed out on the final, but she fought off for a Bronze medal and I am so proud to say she won! So my daughter is now the 3rd best in Australia...it's so exciting to write that...haha!

Copic Colors Used:
Hair - R08, YR07, YR14, YR21
Skin - E13, E11, E01, E00, E000, R20
Gi - C3, C1, C00
Brown Belt - E79, E77, E74



So my advice to any of my kids is to always Dream Big as you never know how far you can go until you give it a go!


2 comments:

  1. Congrats to your daughter Emma! I'm sure she loved this card and it helped calm her nerves :) It's the perfect message too! Many hugs, Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Emma first let me just say CONGRATULATIONS to your daughter and to her very proud Mommy and Daddy. :O) That is just too too cool. She must really be something to see in action. Then let me just say that I love your card you have made for her. Anya looks fantastic and I am sure that your card means the world to her. Her Mom (you) must be the Gold medal winner of Copic coloring in Australia. lol... I have to tell ya that I am somewhat jealous of your desk. I have a corner desk that we bought about 2 years ago and I swear it is made out of press board and if I put any adhesive on it the layer will come off. lol.. We were just talking this morning that I would LOVE to have a wonderfully heavy wood desk to work on. You know the kind that doesn't shake everytime you use an eraser. (I'm not kidding) Anyway, I am sure that your mojo is just waiting to get creative on your new desk. Have fun.
    Hugs, Lisa

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you so much for taking the time to leave me some love! I love reading all your comments and it always makes my day!