Saturday, July 24, 2010

Oh Alice Chapter 23: Ravens and Writing Desks....

The Hatter opened his eyes very wide on hearing this; but all he said was, "Why is a raven like a writing-desk?"
"Come, we shall have some fun now!" thought Alice. "I'm glad they've begun asking riddles. — I believe I can guess that," she added aloud.
"Do you mean that you think you can find out the answer to it?" said the March Hare.
"Exactly so," said Alice.
"Then you should say what you mean," the March Hare went on.
"I do," Alice hastily replied; "at least--at least I mean what I say--that's the same thing, you know."

Hello everyone!

We are ready to FLY with this week's challenge here at Oh, Alice!   

This week, we challenge you to use BIRDS on your card or papercrafting project!   We may never know the answer to the riddle above, but while we're pondering that and life's little mysteries we may as well make a great card or two in the process, right?

I have created my Bird card using an image from this Alice in Wonderland site, which has some fantastic drawings and was pointed out to me by the lovely Lynne. Lynne has done some stunning cards using these drawings and I have to say that my card this week has been inspired by those gorgeous cards. So if you get the chance please go and have a look at Lynne's cards! Hope you don't mind that I have cased your stunning creations Lynne!


So head over to the Oh Alice blog and see what the rest of the Amazing DT have come up with.

10 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Em! LOVE the colours and that red ribbon is gorgeous!
    Sammi
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I am so THRILLED that you used this particular illustration! I knew I was actually NOT using a Tenniel illustration this week and this is such a fabulous image and you have showcased it BEAUTIFULLY! Love the multiple pops of red contrasting with all that lovely blue. WONDERful coloring, GORGEOUS card! Happy happy joy joy! (Don't suppose you have Ren & Stimpy down under? ;-) )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Emma! Love this image, going to have to check it out.
    Kristy xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. GORGEOUS card, Emma! I really love the pop of color on the image and that beautiful pleated ribbon! You really ROCKED this challenge, girlie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Emma! Love the red accents to showcase your image!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this is gorgeous! I love the colors! Well done :)
    hugs, margie

    ReplyDelete
  7. This image is really cool Emma! I love the way you colored it and the layout really suits it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just beautiful!! And I am really digging the paper that you used.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic Card Emma, love the drawing and you have coloured it beautifully! Lovely Layout and pretty ribbon, take careX:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You did a fantastic job with this drawing, great coloring of it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you so much for taking the time to leave me some love! I love reading all your comments and it always makes my day!